We recently hosted a gathering of the core leaders from our new HR Community. During this huddle the team discuss a range of issues affecting HR professionals and businesses during the global pandemic.
What have been the main challenges during the pandemic and the key importance of the HR function?
- Moving to WFH overnight
- Everyone’s differing home working situations
- Younger workers needing more support
- Keeping company culture alive and kicking
Part 2 - 14.00
Managing individuals and teams and we think about returning from lockdown to the ‘new normal’.
Part 3 - 19.05
What Govt support has been the most useful and what would we like to see more of?
- Apprenticeships scheme (a good scheme for attracting diversity of workforce)
- Flexible furlough, this should have been done earlier
- Employment tribunals on the rise, this pandemic may trigger the shake up the system needs
- Loan scheme has been a lifeline for many and a buffer for others
- Eat out to help out has been a success and has supported many who were worried about going out again, to get back into society and therefore encouraging better mental health for some.
Part 4 - 26.40
Mental Health and what have we had to do differently to support staff?
- Personalising decisions to each individual and NOT seeing support as a blanket one size fits all approach
- Offering wellness sessions
- Supporting people in the change back to ‘the new normal’
Part 5 - 34.41
Skills and Talent - How can we invest in staff during this period?
Part 6 - 38.39
Key lessons learnt